At our Decatur yoga studio, we care about your back. Low Cobra Pose is a great place to start to not only alleviate a tight/stiff back, but also receive many more health benefits along the way!
Why do we add Low Cobra Pose to our flows at Village Vitality?
- decreases stiffness in lower back
- strengthens muscles along the back
- improves menstrual irregularities
- elevates mood
- firms and tones shoulders, abdomen, and buttocks
- invigorates the heart and mind
- Lie on your stomach, chin to mat.
- Place your hands under your shoulders on the ground.
- Press the tops of your feet into the ground so much that your knee caps lift off your mat.
- Lift your chest off the mat.
- Use little to no wait in your hands, focus on strengthening the back and glutes.
- Hug your elbows in toward one another and relax your shoulders away from your ears.
- Lengthen the neck and gaze to the ground in front of you.
- Breathe here for 2-3 breaths.
- Lower forehead to the ground.
- Repeat 3-5 times.
Join us for a class at Village Vitality and enjoy the benefits of Cobra Pose!