On rainy days where you may wake up feeling sluggish and tight, snap out of your funk by warming up the body and trying out triangle pose!
Benefits of Triangle:
- stretches and opens hips, hamstrings, shoulders, chest, and spine
- strengthen legs and core
- increases mental and physical equilibrium
- improves “sluggish” digestion
- reduces anxiety, stress, and back pain
- On a yoga mat, take a wide stance.
- Point your right toes forward and your left toes towards the left (parallel foot to back of mat).
- Reach your right arm to the front of the mat, then down towards your ankle or shin
- Lift your left arm so that your shoulders and arms are stacked
- Turn your gaze up or down
- Engage your quads and core to remain stable and strong
- Breathe 🙂