One simple posture that we use in most every yoga class here at Village Vitality is Ragdoll Pose. This posture is amazing for not only loosening up tight hamstrings, but it also relieves tension and stress in the upper body, shoulders, and neck.
It’s a great way to start fresh in the beginning of your day, or halfway through when you need a quick pick-me-up of energy.
Here’s how to do it:
- Step your feet hip width apart
- Forward fold: bend at your hips and let your arms reach towards the ground
- Bend your knees to relieve tension in the low back if necessary
- Grab your elbows and relax your head
- Let gravity pull your upper body forward as weight shifts into your toes
- Breathe here for 5-10 breaths
Enjoy this stretch for your hamstrings (back of legs) and tension release in upper body.