Butter mixed in coffee. Yum?
We were told for so long to stay away from butter, that butter causes heart disease and is full of bad calories. If this is the case, why should I put butter in my coffee?
The science behind it:
- Our brain is made largely of fat and cholesterol
- To have healthy hormones, immune system, and nerves, we need healthy fat sources
- Healthy fats from the grass-fed butter and oil supply the brain with the energy and focus needed to improve mental performance
- Because caffeine and the blood brain barrier are both fat-soluble, adding fat to your coffee aids in the transport of caffeine to the brain
- Coffee is most effective with fat
How to make your morning bulletproof:
- Brew organic, fair trade coffee
- Add 1 Tablespoon grass-fed, unsalted butter (I like to use Kerrygold Brand)
- Add 1 Tablespoon XCT oil (very refined coconut oil)
- Blend in a high power blender for 20 seconds
How this coffee has impacted my life and morning routine:
- I feel full and satisfied throughout the morning (add collagen protein for a boost)
- I feel energized and focused as I teach my morning yoga classes
- I feel happy because it tastes so good! 🙂
Try your first cup with us at Village Vitality!